As you all know I’m on a journey on reclaiming my health. For this, I started the #StrongIsBeautiful challenge. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read about my #StrongIsBeautiful campaign here.
The #StrongIsBeautiful campaign is powered by Adnan and Nosheen. I am using their online fitness program Fast Metabolism Program, which is a 6-week challenge to eat mindfully and only the good stuff. I have completed by second week. I promised my readers I will give them an honest review of Adnan’s bestselling FPM program.
The FMP Challenge: Week 3 & 4
- Food: I am so glad to be able to have chicken in my diet again. I am not a fan of red meat and prepping it for meals is always a hassle. Still, I persisted, and I’m happy I can introduce chicken back into my diet in weeks 3 and 4.
- Workouts: In week 3, I attempted to increase my workouts for a bare minimum of 3 times/week. Owing to workload, I wasn’t able to manage that easily. As a result, my results in inches were not noticeable at the end of the third week. In Week 4, under Nosheen’s direction, I am increasing my workout sessions higher than the number of times I did it last week. Week 4 is all about squatting. While it is a touch exercise, I can’t help but feel that squats is such a mood booster for me!
- Adnan’s coaching saves the day! We live in a society where passing comments is the norm. So yeah, I faced some vicious comments by someone and as a result, I had a weekend of dampened mood. Couple that with a constant workload and the feeling of not being able to manage everything efficiently enough. By midweek in the fourth week, I had that time where I just gave up and did nothing! Adnan & Nosheen noticed this trigger instantly and made it a point to talk me out of it. Here is a short video Adnan made earlier in the day about the part where I felt inadequate in my work and management.
- Tea with sugar: As we step into Week 4, I’m supposed to shift on green tea. I’ve never been a fan of green tea so I switched it with traditional Arabic qahwa. This came as a hard transition but I know it’s good for my health, else it wouldn’t have been on the plan!
- Food monotony (my bad!): This was more of a bad point at my end. We are allowed to play as much as we like with the ingredients allowed in a particular week. We are encouraged to make it fun and exciting. One of the drawbacks of being loaded with work meant me not having enough time to make my food interesting. The boredom was inevitable then. Now I am making a conscious effort to make time for myself.
These past two weeks could definitely have been better. I think my general mistakes were:
- The essence of the program is as much focused on our mental health as it is on good food choices. We often overlook the bit about good mental health. I need to focus more on that.
- Everyone responds to the FMP program at their own pace. It is wrong to compare my results with others on the program. Focusing on my own self, beating my own previous record is the key to stay on track.
- Stress is a part of everyone’s life. We have to make peace with our demons. Healing starts in the mind.
- The FMP program is not only about results. It’s about the journey.
Thank you Adnan and Nosheen, for this amazing program!
The highlight of this week was SQUATS! I love, love, love squats! They are hard but you can never get enough!
Result in Numbers at the end of Week 4:
- Metabolic Rate: 63%
- Inches: I will disclose my inches lost at the end of these 6-weeks and I hope it will be a number I’ll be proud to share.
That’s all for my update on week 3 and 4. If you want to know more about FMP challenge, check out the links below. Thank you for reading.
Sign up for my FMP journey by entering your email address below, where I will share detailed information and some more health tips as I learn them too!
- Fast Metabolism Program
- What is #StrongIsBeautful all about
- Getting Started on the Fast Metabolism Program
- My Week 1 Results On The FMP Challenge
- My Week 2 Results On The FMP Challenge
More Resources from Adnan & Nosheen: